Monday, February 23, 2009

What's Going On?

I mentioned in my previous post that I experienced some creep when sewing my back seam. This occurred again when sewing together one of the back panels. See picture below - the bottom of the skirt is at the top of the photo. The first 2 panels do not line up but the last 2 panels line up. My material is a stretch corduroy. When I pin my pieces together they line up just fine but as I am sewing the material starts to creep. Does anyone know what's going on? I don't think I cut my pieces that off, but who knows.

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I don't know a lot, but does it seem that its the same side of the seam is always shorter than the other? And when you first pin your seams are they even at that point? If not I think that if you would start sewing with the longer side down next to the feeddogs it may work it's self out right.
If not, have you tried using a walking foot to sew the seams?

Cennetta said...

Faye said exactly what I was going to suggest. A walking foot would be the best solution.