With the arrival of Fall, new clothes are needed for the season - clothing with more weight, texture, and new colors. My daughter is first up on the the Fall sewing list. I had some leftover twill from a pair of capris I made her when she was 2 but not enough to make the skirt she wanted. Digging through my stash I found this fun floral print that I bought to make patches for her jeans. The pattern calls for just 3 tiers and I wanted the last tier to be the lighter weight material so their would be a little motion to the skirt. I added the floral material to the 2nd tier to break up the khaki. She has some adorable boots that will match with this. I hope she will be a willing model soon, so you can see the skirt in action.
More about MADE IT! Monday later. I have been silent due to the life and also our basement (where I sew) got its share of water during all the flooding in GA. My sewing space is a wreck but I sewed in the dining room. Which is an adventure with 2 little people that are very curious about my machines and notions. Edit - not sure why the picture is not centered properly but when you click on it, it is.
DAY 14: TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG...
6 hours ago